At Vokal, our Product Managers bring the passion and ingenuity of a startup founder to our Fortune 100 clients and bring wisdom, proven frameworks, and processes, to our start-up clients. Our Product leaders are passionate about solving customer problems and enabling our talented team of designers and developers to deliver exceptional user experiences.
The Vokal Product Manager is the team member responsible for the overall success of their product. As such, they own, document, and communicate the product strategy, requirements, roadmap, backlog, epics, and user stories. Product Managers handle trade-offs and keep the design and development team aligned and moving towards a common goal. They are the primary client touch point for the product as it moves from discovery through deployment and into growth.
We’re looking for proactive leaders who are entrepreneurial, detail oriented, creative, analytical, and who can confidently chart the best path through ambiguity and complex problems.
- Shepherd projects to exceptional outcomes for our clients. Define and communicate their vision, and don’t let anything compromise that vision
- Lead strategy and product-definition activities in order to develop a robust definition of the product. Groom and communicate the product backlog and acceptance criteria
- Own product-related decisions during agile development, including accepting/rejecting user stories (i.e. features). Ensure effectiveness of kickoffs, iterations and retrospectives
- Monitor and report on current deployments, including recommendations for roadmap updates and new projects
- Contribute and develop new tools that increase Vokal’s capabilities and capacity to deliver great digital experiences
- Serve as key point of contact for clients and project stakeholders, ensuring they are aligned on key decisions, and that the implications of these decisions are understood
- Support the Sales team by defining project plans that are customized for each client, working with Design and Development to identify the specific tools and methodologies best suited for each project
- Four year college degree (graduate degree a plus)
- Experience leading digital product strategy
- Product management experience in a technology-focused market, ideally in software and mobile
- Experience using agile/scrum methodologies, best practices and critical tools
- Experience leading, teaching and mentoring in agile a plus
- Demonstrated capabilities in being tech-, business- and UX-savvy
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams that are spread across functions, and working on multifaceted projects for extended times
- Experience in client-service settings
- You are comfortable with, and able to manage constructively: change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, playfulness, experimentation, informed risk taking
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communicator
- You are decisive and open to new ideas
- You are a self-starter, entrepreneurial
- You are a quick learner