Vokal, a leading Digital Experience Agency, is looking for a talented Engagment Manager to join our growing team. Come take part in a supportive community where business and product designers and developers across iOS, Android, and web collaborate to face exciting new challenges and redefine the way digital transforms businesses and impacts people’s lives. We’re prepared to give you the tools you need to be great at what you do, including six ways (and counting) to brew your coffee—or plenty of tea if you prefer. Your experience as a member of our team matters just as much as the experiences we create for our clients and the users of our products.
At Vokal, fostering client relationships is integral to how we deliver innovative digital experiences. Our Engagement Managers are the connecting links between Vokal and our clients, facilitating essential communication to implement amazing, ground-breaking solutions.
As the Engagement Manager, you will develop day-to-day client relationships and drive business through inspiration and innovation. Key responsibilities include collaborating with Product Ownership and Project Management teams, participating in project meetings, and building incredible experiences for our clients.
This is your chance to represent Vokal’s ideas as strongly as our clients’ wishes, leading your team to solve our clients’ business problems.
You should have a comprehensive understanding of the digital landscape, and the ability to become a trusted advisor to stakeholders in order to build long-term relationships. Day-to-day activities include direct communication with clients, participation in project meetings, and generating and delivering inspiring new opportunities to build incredible experiences for our clients.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the client relationship and their project
- Create and deliver thoughtful and detailed Statements of Work and ensure the client’s understanding prior to agreement and signature approval
- Act as ambassador of the client’s business goals and expectations throughout the project process and facilitate meaningful discussions with client stakeholders to uncover valuable information for both the client and Vokal
- Continually set and manage realistic engagement expectations with client stakeholders and internal teams
- Collaborate with internal project teams to develop strategic and thoughtful solutions, materials and products to ensure successful deliverables and presentations to the client
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams within Vokal to outline and deliver meaningful and timely discussions with clients to review industry trends, topics, and changes
- Be in tune with key account indicators including client satisfaction, business goals, sales targets, profitability, and strategic objectives for assigned clients
- Grow existing accounts by establishing new connections and by proactively pursing long-term projects with existing initiatives and overall engagement strategy
- Empower Vokal project teams and disciplines to identify and surface organic growth opportunities by providing appropriate guidance and support
- Ability to associate and articulate Vokal’s previous portfolio work to a perceived client need
- 3-5 years experience in consulting or digital client management
- Experience working within a fast-paced sales process
- Experience writing Statements of Work or other client facing contracts
- Experience articulating project status, timelines and budgets, and resetting expectations where necessary
- Experience facilitating brainstorms and workshops, creating exercises and stimulus to shape components for strategy and design
- Experience building trust and partnerships with interdisciplinary teams of digital designers, engineers, and external clients and their stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, comfort with ambiguity, resilience to switch gears quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A knack for making the complex simple, synthesizing multiple ideas into one clear bold statement or recommendation, and converting insight into opportunity
- Superior visual, written and spoken communication skills to express concepts in ways that are captivating
- Good listening skills and the ability to identify strategic client needs during status calls, demos, and conversations
- Comfort interacting with a client’s stakeholders including C-level executives
- A personality geared for participating in and leading presentations, meetings, and collaborative sessions
- Willing to travel and be on site with clients
- Ability to understand how different areas of the organization, and external trends relate to one another